The GAM3 Awards, recognized for its recognition of excellence in web3 gaming, is coming into its second yr. Set for Dec. 14, the ceremony will have fun the trade’s most interesting throughout an array of classes.
The awards ceremony is organized by GAM3S.GG, a platform that has styled itself as “the house of web3 gaming”, and Magic Eden, a community-driven NFT market, goals to showcase the continued developments within the sector.
Contenders for this yr’s prime awards embrace new web3 titles recognized for his or her modern gameplay and immersive experiences, providing stiff competitors to earlier winners. These embrace Massive Time, the Sport of the 12 months 2022 winner, which not too long ago launched its preseason and sport economic system, and Shrapnel, final yr’s Most Anticipated Sport, now gearing up for its eagerly-awaited public playtest.
Final yr’s GAM3 Awards noticed over 100 web3 video games nominated throughout 16 classes, every designed to honor one of the best in web3 gaming as chosen by an knowledgeable panel and the gaming neighborhood. This yr, the occasion returns with the identical classes, introducing three new ones: Finest Combating Sport, Finest Sports activities Sport, and Finest On-Chain Sport.
The video games will probably be assessed based mostly on a number of aspects, together with core loop, accessibility, replayability issue, enjoyable components, graphics, and the general gameplay expertise. Solely video games with a dwell, playable model assembly these standards will probably be eligible for nomination, barring the Most Anticipated Sport class and the Folks’s Selection Award.
An knowledgeable panel, together with thought leaders and trade veterans, will serve on the jury by a various and clear voting course of. This yr’s jury contains new representatives from web3 gaming VCs, ecosystems, infrastructure companions, content material creators, and conventional gaming leaders. They’ll be part of tech giants like Amazon and Google.
The jury’s choice will account for 90% of the ultimate end result, with neighborhood votes contributing the remaining 10%. Nevertheless, classes just like the Folks’s Selection Award and Finest Content material Creator will rely completely on neighborhood voting, whereas the Video games’ Selection Award will see sport studios voting for his or her favourite sport of the yr.
Nominations commenced on October twenty sixth through the GAM3S.GG platform and can proceed till the shortlist is introduced forward of the ultimate voting. Final yr, the awards gathered over 250,000 votes and reached an viewers of greater than 30,000 viewers through dwell streams, making it an occasion to be careful for this yr.
Winners will probably be awarded prizes totaling over $2 million, with sponsorship from main tech gamers Amazon and Google, alongside Blockchain Sport Alliance and Magic Eden.
Disclosure: CryptoSlate’s Liam ‘Akiba’ Wright will function a choose for the second annual GAM3 Awards.